DETERGENTSDETERGENTS are governed by Regulation (EC) No. 648/2004 of the European Parliament and Council of March 31, 2004, which came into force on October 8, 2005.
According to the Regulation, detergents include any substance or preparation containing soaps and/or other surfactants, intended for washing and cleaning. Detergents can be in any form (paste, bar, cake, moulded piece, shape, etc.) and marketed for or used in household, or institutional or industrial purposes.
The Detergent Technical-Regulatory Area of Bio Basic Europe assists the client by offering consulting services and producing the necessary documentation for the trading of the products, in line with the current regulations concerning safety and protection of public health.
Below is a list of the main technical-regulatory services offered by Bio Basic Europe for producers and manufacturers of detergents:
- Conformity assessment of the documentation with regulatory requirements
- Drafting of the safety data sheet
- Verification of the adequacy of the safety data sheets provided by non-EU producers
- Translation of safety data sheets in different languages
- Consultancy regarding the detergent labelling, and drafting of the data sheet intended for consumers and authorities
- National (ISS-hazardous preparations archive) and European registration of companies and detergents
- Advice on VOCs for export purposes
- Contacts with national and international competent Authorities to meet the requests concerning legal obligations for export/ import (registration, drafting of safety data sheets, labelling, etc.)
- General indications on ADR transport
- Advice on the analysis required by the relevant regulation
- Evaluation of formulas and safety data sheets of detergent and softening formulations, to extend previous safety tests and drafting of equivalence declarations